Harsdhip payment
Farcry
2010-05-10 20:23:46 UTC
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa.... how
does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as em for a
form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one know how it
works??

Thanks.
Farcry
Err that should have said Hardship payment in the header ;o)
Niteawk
2010-05-10 22:06:34 UTC
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa.... how
does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as em for a
form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one know how it
works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28 days
on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Farcry

Far cry.
Mike
2010-05-18 18:01:35 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa....
how does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as
em for a form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one
know how it works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28
days on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Not necessarily, it's been a long time since I dealt with hardship
payments but if you fall into a 'vulnerable' category they are available
from day 1.

From memory they included families with young children, pregnancy (inc
ptr), disabled person in the H/H.

They do consider all income and savings even those that don't affect JSA
normally.

IIRC there was a leaflet, try the DWP website you may be able to
download it.

Mike
Niteawk
2010-05-21 11:50:20 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa....
how does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as
em for a form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one
know how it works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28
days on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Not necessarily, it's been a long time since I dealt with hardship
payments but if you fall into a 'vulnerable' category they are available
from day 1.
From memory they included families with young children, pregnancy (inc
ptr), disabled person in the H/H.
They do consider all income and savings even those that don't affect JSA
normally.
IIRC there was a leaflet, try the DWP website you may be able to download
it.
Mike
I would say the system has changed a lot since you were there Mike, they use
computers now. I think it has a lot to do with who you deal with, most of
them are not sure what the rules are for HS as it is not something they deal
with regularly at the JC. I have had my share of sanctions in the past and I
got a different story each time I applied for HS, in fact I am appealing
against a sanction at the moment.
Mike
2010-05-23 11:10:23 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa....
how does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as
em for a form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one
know how it works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28
days on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Not necessarily, it's been a long time since I dealt with hardship
payments but if you fall into a 'vulnerable' category they are
available from day 1.
From memory they included families with young children, pregnancy (inc
ptr), disabled person in the H/H.
They do consider all income and savings even those that don't affect
JSA normally.
IIRC there was a leaflet, try the DWP website you may be able to
download it.
Mike
I would say the system has changed a lot since you were there Mike, they
use computers now. I think it has a lot to do with who you deal with,
most of them are not sure what the rules are for HS as it is not
something they deal with regularly at the JC. I have had my share of
sanctions in the past and I got a different story each time I applied
for HS, in fact I am appealing against a sanction at the moment.
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch35.pdf

This is the decision makers guidance re hardship payments, vulnerable
groups still exist however the guidance has changed a lot since I dealt
with them. The DM decides from what date the customer will suffer hardship.

See 35141 et seq, depending on the reason for the sanction or
disallowance, HS payments may not be available unless you are in a
vulnerable group.

As someone who seems to collect sanctions like my son collects pokemon
card,s it would be in your own interest to read the guidance the JS
staff work to.

Mike
Niteawk
2010-05-25 12:13:26 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa....
how does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as
em for a form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one
know how it works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28
days on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Not necessarily, it's been a long time since I dealt with hardship
payments but if you fall into a 'vulnerable' category they are
available from day 1.
From memory they included families with young children, pregnancy (inc
[...]
Exactly, it has changed a lot.
Post by Mike
See 35141 et seq, depending on the reason for the sanction or
disallowance, HS payments may not be available unless you are in a
vulnerable group.
They cant leave you without money for food.
Post by Mike
As someone who seems to collect sanctions like my son collects pokemon
card,s it would be in your own interest to read the guidance the JS staff
work to.
It has nothing to do with the rules or guidance, it is only because I insist
on my rights they sanction me. Every time they sanction me it gets
overturned either before it goes to TS or at TS.
m***@hotmail.com
2010-05-25 19:20:26 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa....
how does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as
em for a form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one
know how it works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28
days on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Not necessarily, it's been a long time since I dealt with hardship
payments but if you fall into a 'vulnerable' category they are
available from day 1.
From memory they included families with young children, pregnancy (inc
Post by Mike
As someone who seems to collect sanctions like my son collects pokemon
card,s it would be in your own interest to read the guidance the JS staff
work to.
It has nothing to do with the rules or guidance, it is only because I insist
on my rights they sanction me. Every time they sanction me it gets
overturned either before it goes to TS or at TS.- Hide quoted text -
Ah yes, rights. They go alongside responsibilities.

Martin <><
Mike
2010-05-25 19:22:39 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Farcry
Think I'm going to have to claim this expecting a sanction on jsa....
how does one go about this just phone the usual job centre up and as
em for a form ???or have to appeal 1st against any sanction any one
know how it works??
Thanks.
They will make you wait 2 weeks before paying you a HS payment after a
sanction. If you appeal against a sanction, this must be done within 28
days on a GL24 form, they will sort it all out for you at your local JC.
Not necessarily, it's been a long time since I dealt with hardship
payments but if you fall into a 'vulnerable' category they are
available from day 1.
From memory they included families with young children, pregnancy (inc
Post by Mike
As someone who seems to collect sanctions like my son collects pokemon
card,s it would be in your own interest to read the guidance the JS staff
work to.
It has nothing to do with the rules or guidance, it is only because I insist
on my rights they sanction me. Every time they sanction me it gets
overturned either before it goes to TS or at TS.- Hide quoted text -
Ah yes, rights. They go alongside responsibilities.
Martin<><
In a civilised society, but not this one.

Mike