P45 and tax code.
Zen83237
2010-06-08 19:56:34 UTC
I became unemployed in January and I have just started work again. I got my
P45 drom the DWP but it has the same tax code as the P45 from my previous
employer. Did the personal allowances not go up in April this year? If they
did go up should the P45 have a higher tax code.
Surely my new employer is now going to use last year's code.

Kevin
m***@hotmail.com
2010-06-08 21:05:46 UTC
Post by Zen83237
I became unemployed in January and I have just started work again. I got my
P45 drom the DWP but it has the same tax code as the P45 from my previous
employer. Did the personal allowances not go up in April this year? If they
did go up should the P45 have a higher tax code.
Surely my new employer is now going to use last year's code.
Kevin
Ring the tax office and check what tax code they have for you. Tax
codes can include deductions too - not everyone has standard personal
tax code.
May need tax office to send you new tax coding out to pass on to your
employer. Or they can write to your employer direct.

Martin <><
Zen83237
2010-06-09 19:43:46 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Zen83237
I became unemployed in January and I have just started work again. I got my
P45 drom the DWP but it has the same tax code as the P45 from my previous
employer. Did the personal allowances not go up in April this year? If they
did go up should the P45 have a higher tax code.
Surely my new employer is now going to use last year's code.
Kevin
Ring the tax office and check what tax code they have for you. Tax
codes can include deductions too - not everyone has standard personal
tax code.
May need tax office to send you new tax coding out to pass on to your
employer. Or they can write to your employer direct.
Martin <><
Something else that I noticed is the PAYE reference is the previous
employer, not the DWP so it looks as though I have only just left the
company that I actually left in January.

Kevin
m***@hotmail.com
2010-06-10 07:38:38 UTC
Post by Zen83237
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Zen83237
[...]
Kevin- Hide quoted text -
Eh? And the P45 is definately from the DWP?

Martin <><
unknown
2010-06-21 17:49:34 UTC
Post by Zen83237
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Zen83237
[...]
Very unlikely it was issued by DWP then. I'd suspect that it has come
from your ex-employer rather belatedly and coincidentally happens to
match when you've started a new job.
Pedt
unknown
2010-06-21 17:46:14 UTC
Post by Zen83237
I became unemployed in January and I have just started work again. I got my
P45 drom the DWP but it has the same tax code as the P45 from my previous
employer. Did the personal allowances not go up in April this year? If they
did go up should the P45 have a higher tax code.
Surely my new employer is now going to use last year's code.
Personal allowance has not got up since last year.
Pedt
m***@hotmail.com
2010-06-22 07:48:45 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Zen83237
I became unemployed in January and I have just started work again. I got my
P45 drom the DWP but it has the same tax code as the P45 from my previous
employer. Did the personal allowances not go up in April this year? If they
did go up should the P45 have a higher tax code.
Surely my new employer is now going to use last year's code.
Personal allowance has not got up since last year.
--
Pedt
So far at least.
£6,475 according to HMRC for 2009/10 and 2010/11.
Could very well change today, though not necessarily for this year.

Martin <><