BDC dimwits.
Niteawk
2010-12-08 14:35:17 UTC
Well well well, what can I say. The BDC has done themselves proud, showing
once again how incompetent they are when it comes to protecting peoples
private and personal details.

They sent me someones elses medical report! It seems there is no end to this
type of complacency.

So far they have got my NINO wrong, my address wrong, and even got my bloody
middle name wrong. The name of the benefit is wrong, in various
combinations.
My name might be right, but the NINO is wrong, or the NINO and name is
correct but the benefit is wrong IYSWIM.

I have complained to my MP about this, yet they are still getting my details
wrong. Even the bloody tribunal got my details wrong, they blamed the DWP
for sending them the wrong info.

Despite being told by my MP and corrected by me many times over, they are
still screwing up, going from bad to worse it seems.

Can I or should I report them for breaching the data protection act?
Harry Stottle
2010-12-09 09:20:35 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Well well well, what can I say. The BDC has done themselves proud, showing
once again how incompetent they are when it comes to protecting peoples
private and personal details.
They sent me someones elses medical report! It seems there is no end to
this type of complacency.
Can I or should I report them for breaching the data protection act?
In my opinion, this is a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and
should be reported to the Data Commissioner's Office, details of how to
complain on the following link:-

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
Bilbo Warble
2010-12-09 12:18:07 UTC
Post by Harry Stottle
Post by Niteawk
Well well well, what can I say. The BDC has done themselves proud,
showing once again how incompetent they are when it comes to
protecting peoples private and personal details.
They sent me someones elses medical report! It seems there is no end
to this type of complacency.
Can I or should I report them for breaching the data protection act?
In my opinion, this is a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and
should be reported to the Data Commissioner's Office, details of how to
complain on the following link:-
http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx
The procedure for lodging a complaint with the ICO involves providing
them with PROOF that you have tried (unsuccessfully) to resolve the isse
with the organisation in question.

If the medical report came through with details that would identify the
indiidual to which the report refers, then this is a breach of the Data
Protection Act regarding sensitive personal information.

It seems to me that the ICO are reluctant to investigate and occurance
and almost certainly will refuse to instigate such an investigation.

It is quite suprising how many organisations pay less than lip-service
to the DPA and, considering that the DPA has been around for a good
while now, how reluctant the ICO are to bare their teeth.

Bilbo
Darkside
2010-12-09 12:23:31 UTC
Post by Niteawk
[...]
Have you got the name and address of the other person? You could send
them the report, explaining how you came by it, and leave them to decide
whether to complain. The complaint would have more force coming from
them.
Meanwhile you could ask the BDC where they sent your report...
--
Sue ]:(:)