Voluntary work
jak
2010-06-20 19:41:31 UTC
I'm on Income Support with the Disability component and also calming DLA
(both at lower rate)

I'm looking to do Voluntary work to ease me back into working life.

What are the rules on this?
Robbie
2010-06-20 20:53:50 UTC
Post by jak
I'm on Income Support with the Disability component and also calming DLA
(both at lower rate)
I'm looking to do Voluntary work to ease me back into working life.
What are the rules on this?
If you want to do voluntary work you need to tread very carefully. While
you can do voluntary work if you are claiming DLA you need to ensure
that you don't put your benefit at risk by doing something that is
incompatible with the reason you are claiming DLA and possibly even
Income Support. If this isn't the case then there should be no problem

You have to inform both Income Support and DLA before you start
voluntary work and there is no restriction on the hours you can do.
--
Robbie