Valuation Office Agency?
Niteawk
2010-08-27 16:34:22 UTC
The VOA want to see me at home next week to consider how much rent can be
considered in working out my housing benefit.

I cant help but think this has something to do with Camerons mob who are now
attacking us peasants in an effort to reduce benefits right across the
board.

I have have not seen the VOA before, never heard of them until I got a
letter from them today. Obviously they must know how much HB I get, why do
they need to see me at HOME! to work out my HB?
Khan
2010-08-27 16:59:56 UTC
Post by Niteawk
The VOA want to see me at home next week to consider how much rent can
be considered in working out my housing benefit.
I cant help but think this has something to do with Camerons mob who are
now attacking us peasants in an effort to reduce benefits right across
the board.
I have have not seen the VOA before, never heard of them until I got a
letter from them today. Obviously they must know how much HB I get, why
do they need to see me at HOME! to work out my HB?
Cameroon must have moved bloody quick then and in a time machine. This
is to do with the rent act 1977 and other bits from 1999.
Niteawk
2010-08-29 07:42:42 UTC
Post by Niteawk
The VOA want to see me at home next week to consider how much rent can be
considered in working out my housing benefit.
I cant help but think this has something to do with Camerons mob who are
now attacking us peasants in an effort to reduce benefits right across
the board.
I have have not seen the VOA before, never heard of them until I got a
letter from them today. Obviously they must know how much HB I get, why
do they need to see me at HOME! to work out my HB?
Cameroon must have moved bloody quick then and in a time machine. This is
to do with the rent act 1977 and other bits from 1999.
Actually he does use a time machine, he vowed to introduce a new system for
IB claimants 2 years after it was brought in by Labour. And what has the VOA
to do with the rent act? I have never heard of them until now, the only
people I have had dealings with in the past were Rent Officers who I have
seen once in the last 10 yrs.
Robbie
2010-08-29 09:21:45 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
The rent service transferred to the VOA last year.

https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/Secure/Default.aspx
Niteawk
2010-08-29 10:00:35 UTC
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
So what the bloody hell is Khan talking about then!

Anyway not that it matters now, there must be some reason for transferring
the rent service to the VOA.
Tougher rules I suppose, sweeping cuts to HB. Thats what usually happens
when you bring in a new hatchet mob to fix something that was not broken to
begin with.
Mike
2010-08-29 14:35:12 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
Same rules and process - different name on the headed notepaper.

Mike
to begin with.
Niteawk
And twice or three times more staff doing the same job. ;)
Mike
2010-08-30 17:20:02 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
As always no evidence but plenty of assumptions.

Gov.depts merge for many reasons, usually citing efficiency but
political reasons come into it. sometimes a dept is tyoo small to
operate effectively so merges with another.

I dare say this was planned long before the election was announced as
purdah effectively prevents the civil service from implementing changes
once an election is announced.

Mike
Niteawk
2010-09-02 15:59:32 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
For gawd sake man, if you merge one office with another that means more
staff doing the same jobs. You do not need to be a maths genius to work that
out, or do you, hmmm. So you see it is not based on assumption, like you
always assume everything is based on assumption. :)
Post by Mike
Gov.depts merge for many reasons, usually citing efficiency but political
reasons come into it. sometimes a dept is tyoo small to operate
effectively so merges with another.
I am sure they do which begs the question, what were they doing before they
merged. Waiting around for a merger to happen one wonders.
Post by Mike
I dare say this was planned long before the election was announced as
purdah effectively prevents the civil service from implementing changes
once an election is announced.
I doubt if any planning went into it, just a bit of re branding at more
expense to the tax payer.
m***@hotmail.com
2010-08-31 12:46:39 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
begin with.- Hide quoted text -
Maybe disagree about whether it was broken or not.

Certainly seems like HB has gone up a lot in the past decade.

Martin <><
Niteawk
2010-09-02 16:15:08 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Khan
Post by Niteawk
[...]
Yes, do you think the powers that be noticed this, have they finally woken
up to the fact that the average cost of housing is more than 60% of the
minimum wage, rendering the whole idea of applying for MW jobs as something
to be weighed against how much you will be out of pocket if you could
actually get a MW job, thanks to them of course for creating this crazy
situation..
Mike
2010-09-03 08:36:21 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
[...]
There are some schools of thought that say the 'bottomless' pit of HB
inflates rents. By restricting HB rent will probably be driven down as
landlords will price according to what they can get. Driving down the
rents will help people in work as well as those trying to get off benefits.

And of course let's not forget the poor old taxpayer.

Mike
Niteawk
2010-09-03 14:55:55 UTC
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
[...]
Really, I like your theory, but I fail to see how it holds water. I suppose
those schools of though all originate in HB depts. Rents are based on the
size of mortgages so you cant really blame private landlords. Has it occured
to you that inflated rents might have something to do with the selling off
of affordable social housing, not to mention the damage caused by banks
giving 100% mortgages to people who could not afford them, creating mass
inflation of property prices which is totally false. Then your councils
revalued this property so they could charge the now impoverished new home
owners more tax.

This property lark amounts to the biggest fraud ever comitted IMO, and it is
the government, banks and councils who are responsible it, so now they can
stop moaning and fkin pay up. My HB if you please, I thank you. ;)
Me and you eh.
m***@hotmail.com
2010-09-03 20:49:24 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Robbie
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
And of course let's not forget the poor old taxpayer.
Me and you eh.- Hide quoted text -
Rents have nothing to do with size of mortgage at all.
A property with no mortgage and a property with 100% mortgage that is
next door (and same design) can have exactly the same rent.

Pointless setting rent at £700 a week if similar properties in the
area rent at £500, you get no rent paid if the property is empty.
Plenty of landlords have mortgages well below rent - meaning they can
make profit from the rent itself and not have to wait to sell the
property to make money.

Property is nothing to do with fraud - you chose not to invest in
property, up to you. Others did, up to them.
Property has tended to go up in value over the years.

The fact that you personally aren't benefitting from house value
increases doesn't make it fraud.
House values were going up well before 100% mortgages were available.
Last crash prior to the current one was 1990s, many of my friends on
under £10k a year at the time took advantage of the crash to buy a
house or flat, on single wages, well within 3 times income as it was
at the time (the maximum). No need for 100% mortgage, they didn't
exist then anyway.

House prices go up, they go down - people tend to invest when cheaper.
But it is a ladder, rather like wages, and can go up to larger
property.
You chose to not buy, not our fault.

Martin <><
Niteawk
2010-09-03 23:24:32 UTC
[...]

Everytime you come out with a load of BS it wont indent. Maybe you can
explain why the tax payers had to bail out the banks to the tune of several
hundreds of billions, exact figure is unknown, if no fraud was involved.
m***@hotmail.com
2010-09-04 11:17:44 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
[...]
Seeing as I haven't done any BS it obviously makes no difference to
the indent then.

You want the credit crunch explained in simple terms? Try wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%932010

Explanation is a bit simplistic (full explanation can cover several
books) - but gives the basics.

Just because you claim its fraud doesn't mean it is fraud. You really
need to take a class in economics (or use a library and read some
books). Perhaps learn some 20th century history. Then maybe you'd have
an idea about the housing situation.

Martin <><
Niteawk
2010-09-04 12:13:18 UTC
No fucking indents AGAIN! Give up Martin, or find a news reader that works.
Mike
2010-09-04 12:20:52 UTC
Post by Niteawk
No fucking indents AGAIN! Give up Martin, or find a news reader that works.
Fine for me (thunderbird) so it must be you!

Mike
Niteawk
2010-09-04 22:22:31 UTC
This has been thrashed out many times before, we all know its Martin. ;)
m***@hotmail.com
2010-09-05 07:33:46 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by Mike
Post by Niteawk
No fucking indents AGAIN! Give up Martin, or find a news reader that works.
Fine for me (thunderbird) so it must be you!
This has been thrashed out many times before, we all know its Martin. ;)
And yet none of the other groups have the problem. Including groups
with a lot more postings by me than this one.

If a tiny minority have a particular problem, with overall a lot less
than 1% of postings, the problem isn't going to be with the
sender......

Martin <><
m***@hotmail.com
2010-09-05 07:31:12 UTC
Post by Niteawk
No fucking indents AGAIN! Give up Martin, or find a news reader that works.
Or you find a news reader that consistently gives the same result. A
handful of people on one group alone have a problem - not on the other
groups, not even consistently on the one.

Martin <><
Niteawk
2010-09-06 10:00:52 UTC
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Niteawk
No fucking indents AGAIN! Give up Martin, or find a news reader that works.
Or you find a news reader that consistently gives the same result. A
handful of people on one group alone have a problem - not on the other
groups, not even consistently on the one.
Martin <><
It must be something you are doing because as soon as it it mentioned, your
posts begin to indent again, as above for eg.
David Bolt
2010-09-06 15:23:48 UTC
On Monday 06 September 2010 11:00, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Post by Niteawk
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Or you find a news reader that consistently gives the same result. A
handful of people on one group alone have a problem - not on the other
groups, not even consistently on the one.
Martin <><
It must be something you are doing because as soon as it it mentioned, your
posts begin to indent again, as above for eg.
I think the failure to indent is due to a combination of Martin sending
some posts that have characters with codes above 127, and the header:

added to his posts. The other part of the combination dates back before
2003 and a design decision by Microsoft that results are in OE not
adding the quote character to the quoted parts of quote-printable
messages[0]. You can see this by looking at the headers of the various
posts and see that, for example, posts containing a '£' end up being
quote-printable[1] and they don't indent when you reply to them,
whereas others without the high character codes are sent without being
quote-printable and so OE will add the quote characters.

[0] From Microsofts knowledge base:

<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168779>
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=154312>

[1] This one may also do as I specifically switched character sets to
ISO-8859-1 with 7-bit encoding.

Regards,
David Bolt
--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3 32b |
openSUSE 11.1 PPC | TOS 4.02 | RISC OS 4.02 | RISC OS 3.11
m***@hotmail.com
2010-09-06 17:34:09 UTC
Post by Niteawk
Post by m***@hotmail.com
Post by Niteawk
No fucking indents AGAIN! Give up Martin, or find a news reader that works.
Or you find a news reader that consistently gives the same result. A
handful of people on one group alone have a problem - not on the other
groups, not even consistently on the one.
Martin  <><
It must be something you are doing because as soon as it it mentioned, your
posts begin to indent again, as above for eg.- Hide quoted text -
No change at this end. Even been using just the one computer system to
post with for the past month.
Back on the university computers tomorrow.

Martin <><

mogga
2010-08-29 13:25:03 UTC
Post by Niteawk
The VOA want to see me at home next week to consider how much rent can be
considered in working out my housing benefit.
I cant help but think this has something to do with Camerons mob who are now
attacking us peasants in an effort to reduce benefits right across the
board.
I have have not seen the VOA before, never heard of them until I got a
letter from them today. Obviously they must know how much HB I get, why do
they need to see me at HOME! to work out my HB?
Is your current rent more than LHA?

If so they'll want it cut.

LHA by postcode
https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/Secure/LHARateSearch.aspx?SearchType=PostCode
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Niteawk
2010-08-29 21:53:24 UTC
Post by mogga
Post by Niteawk
The VOA want to see me at home next week to consider how much rent can be
considered in working out my housing benefit.
I cant help but think this has something to do with Camerons mob who are now
attacking us peasants in an effort to reduce benefits right across the
board.
I have have not seen the VOA before, never heard of them until I got a
letter from them today. Obviously they must know how much HB I get, why do
they need to see me at HOME! to work out my HB?
Is your current rent more than LHA?
If so they'll want it cut.
LHA by postcode
https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/Secure/LHARateSearch.aspx?SearchType=PostCode
According to this, if it is accurate, they can up my HB by another £55.00
per week, so they are getting a right bargain at the moment. If they try to
cut my HB I will direct them to this website. Cheers Mogga. ;)