No subject
Anonymous
2010-06-08 16:03:52 UTC
Phone what used to be the Health Benefits Unit, now NHS Business
Services Authority on 0845 850 1166. They will be able to advise you.
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HelpWithHealthCosts.aspx
I have called them, the operator (a woman in presumably Tyneside) had
no clue what New Deal meant, she probably thought I phoned from Mars,
I asked her if she could ask around if anybody knew better, she put me
12 mins on hold and then she came with "Sorry we don't know, better
ask your local Jobcentre", what a load of helpless crap!
Robbie
2010-06-08 16:33:45 UTC
Post by Anonymous
Phone what used to be the Health Benefits Unit, now NHS Business
Services Authority on 0845 850 1166. They will be able to advise you.
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HelpWithHealthCosts.aspx
I have called them, the operator (a woman in presumably Tyneside) had
no clue what New Deal meant, she probably thought I phoned from Mars,
I asked her if she could ask around if anybody knew better, she put me
12 mins on hold and then she came with "Sorry we don't know, better
ask your local Jobcentre", what a load of helpless crap!
They are based in Newcastle, so you got the Tyneside bit correct! The
staff work for the Department of Health rather than DWP but even so they
should still know.

All I can suggest is asking at your Jobcentre for more information or
completing a form HC1 to claim on low income grounds.
Robbie
Robbie
2010-06-08 16:38:58 UTC
Post by Robbie
Post by Anonymous
Phone what used to be the Health Benefits Unit, now NHS Business
Services Authority on 0845 850 1166. They will be able to advise you.
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/HelpWithHealthCosts.aspx
I have called them, the operator (a woman in presumably Tyneside) had
no clue what New Deal meant, she probably thought I phoned from Mars,
I asked her if she could ask around if anybody knew better, she put me
12 mins on hold and then she came with "Sorry we don't know, better
ask your local Jobcentre", what a load of helpless crap!
They are based in Newcastle, so you got the Tyneside bit correct! The
staff work for the Department of Health rather than DWP but even so they
should still know.
All I can suggest is asking at your Jobcentre for more information or
completing a form HC1 to claim on low income grounds.
I meant to include this link:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_10018978

(http://tinyurl.com/ly6hgp)
--